After a particularly uninspired gridiron matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and the Philadelphia Eagles ended in 13-13 tie, Donovan McNabb, the 10-year veteran quarterback of the Eagles, revealed he didn’t know an NFL game could end in a stalemate.
So as to avoid awkward conversations if you were to meet Mr. McNabb in a social setting, I’ve prepared a partial listing of other common-knowledge items he just flat-out doesn’t know.
- How to set his TiVo to record that Punky Brewster marathon on TVLand.
- How many days has September, April, June and November (If only there were some sort of mnemonic device…).
- How to manage a clock efficiently in the 2 minute drill.
- The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand ignited the Balkan powder keg thereby leading to WWI.
- The i before e rule.
- How many licks it takes to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop.
- Pi. Not even to 5 decimals.
- How much money his mom embezzled from him during those Chunky Soup endorsement deals.
- The cell number of Brian Dawkins do-rag supplier. Weapon X is surprisingly non-forthcoming.
- Green M&M’s have no tangible effect on your passer rating.
- The ingredients in a B.L.T. sandwich.
- Where babies come from.
- What the big deal is about the Phillies right now.